An Information Hub and Forum for Collaboration
Dorset's well-established engineering and manufacturing sector has grown by 14.3% over the past decade, contributing £1.7 billion and representing over 9% of the overall Dorset Economy.
There are around 2,000 businesses in the sector in Dorset, employing 28,000 people (8% of all employed). *
The Cluster supports engineering and manufacturing in Dorset, creates opportunities to collaborate, create and innovate with each other, industry partners, schools, colleges and universities.
*stats reference Dorset LEP
- Helping to raise the profile of the engineering and manufacturing sector and the work of companies within Dorset, in particular to drive productivity and growth.
- Developing supply chain opportunities in order to increase market share.
- Providing an opportunity to network and collaborate through a program of events and workshops.
- Supporting solutions to underpin workforce development, skills, training and apprentice schemes.
- Identifying ways of working with education providers and research organisations to drive innovation.
- Provide information on access to business support, market intelligence, finance and funding.