An Information Hub and Forum for Collaboration
Dorset is home to a diverse and thriving engineering and manufacturing community of over 2,000 companies employing 25,000 people, providing a quarter of Dorset’s apprenticeships and contributing £1.4B to our local economy*
The Cluster supports engineering and manufacturing in Dorset, creates opportunities to collaborate, create and innovate with each other, industry partners, schools, colleges and universities.
*reference source of stats
- Helping to raise the profile of the engineering and manufacturing sector.and the work of companies within Dorset, in particular to drive productivity and growth.
- Developing supply chain opportunities in order to increase market share.
- Providing an opportunity to network and collaborate through a program of events and workshops.
- Supporting solutions to underpin workforce development, skills, training and apprentice schemes.
- Identifying ways of working with education providers and research organisations to drive innovation.
- Provide information on access to business support, market intelligence, finance and funding.