The cluster aims to:
- Help raise the profile of the engineering and manufacturing sector to drive productivity and growth – in Dorset, across the UK and overseas
- Develop supply chain opportunities in order to increase market share
- Provide an opportunity to network and collaborate through a programme of events and workshops
- Support solutions to underpin workforce development, skills, training and apprentice schemes
- Identify ways in which to collaborate with education providers and research organisations in order to drive innovation
- Provide information on access to business support, market intelligence, finance and funding.
Strategic sectors represented within the cluster include:
- Electronic engineering
- Engineering consultancy
- Food and drink
- General engineering
- General manufacturing
Over the years cluster has evolved, with a membership of over 300 organisations operating within the engineering and manufacturing sector The cluster is supported by a steering group of Dorset engineering and manufacturing businesses, local authorities and business support organisations.
If you are an engineering and manufacturing business in Dorset, join the cluster and benefit from these opportunities.
About the Steering Group
sTEERING GROUP MEMBERS